Long Oil Alkyd Resin 70% is Long Oil oxidizing Alkyd based on a selected semi-drying oil fatty acid.
Long Oil Alkyd Resin 70%
- Long Oil Resins are saturated polyester resins modified with fatty acids.
- They have a lot of flexibility.
- They have low viscosity.
- Highly resistant to corrosive environments
- Resistant to low sulfuric acid vapors
- Soluble in aliphatic solvents and slightly soluble in aromatic solvents,
- Has a low drying speed.
- Adhesion of alkyd resins is due to their polarity
Oil Length (on solids) 62%
Viscosity@ 25oC Z5 – Z6
Solids 70 ±2%
Acid Value (mg KOH/gm solid) 12 max
Colour (Gardner) 8 max
Relative Density 0.96
Solvent White Spirits
Long Oil Alkyd Resin has very good colour and durability & good drying properties, Most commonly used in following...
- Architectural paints and coatings
- Primer and surfacer
- Decorative & Marine gloss enamel & varnishes.